Gregory the Great Liturgical Choir
God has bestowed upon his people the gift of song. God dwells within each human person, in the place where music takes its source. Indeed, God, the giver of song, is present whenever his people sing his praises…. music is a way for God to lead us to the realm of higher things. As St. Augustine says, “Singing is for the one who loves.” Music is therefore a sign of God’s love for us and of our love for him. In this sense, it is very personal. But unless music sounds, it is not music, and whenever it sounds, it is accessible to others. By its very nature song has both an individual and a communal dimension. Thus, it is no wonder that singing together in church expresses so well the sacramental presence of God to his people.
~Sing to the Lord: Music in Divine Worship, was issued by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops on November 14, 2007
This is our goal at St. Gregory the Great Catholic School when we gather each Wednesday for our school liturgies. We want to make a joyful noise unto the Lord and truly make God’s presence known through our singing at mass. The St. Gregory Liturgical Choir leads our assembly in song during our school liturgies, Adoration and Benediction. The choir consists of faculty members and third through eighth grade students. All are welcome to come and celebrate with us.. We practice twice a month on Mondays in Church from 3:45 PM to 4:45PM.
Practice Dates for first Semester:
Sept 12, and 19. Oct. 17 & 24. Nov. 7, 14 & 28 Dec 5 & 12. Extra practices TBA for Christmas Pageant.
- Opening Liturgy for Catholic School’s Week: Sunday, January 29th at 10 AM. (St. Gregory Church)
- 1st Communion liturgy: Saturday, February 25 10:00 AM (St. Gregory Church) If you are in 3rd grade you are exempt.
- School Christmas Eve Liturgy Saturday: December 24th at 1:00 PM. (St. Gregory Church)
- Divine Mercy Sunday, April 23 Time to be determined.
- 8th Grade Graduation: Saturday, May 27 at 10:00 AM. (St. Gregory Church)
- We will also have opportunities to sing outside of school liturgies, dates and times to be announced
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me, Coach K Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Liturgical Choir Sponsor