The 8th grade students will be taking the Pre-SAT 8/9.
What you should know:
- Each assessment takes approximately 2.5 to 3 hours to complete and will be administered immediately after morning announcements at 8:15 a.m.
- Immediately after the assessments are complete, students will have an extended break to go outside and play before resuming their regular school day.
- It is important that students get plenty of rest the evening before the assessment.
- Students should arrive early in order to have time to prepare, use the restroom, etc. (7:45 a.m. is our goal arrival time).
- All students should eat a nutritious breakfast and bring a healthy snack for the break. No candies or unhealthy snacks will be allowed.
- The PSAT 8/9 is the first in the College Board's “SAT Suite of Assessments” and is offered to eighth and ninth graders. The purpose of the PSAT 8/9 is to establish a starting point in terms of college and career readiness as students transition to high school.
- Attached to this email is a letter from Superintendent West regarding the PSAT 8/9.
- To learn more about this assessment, please visit the College Board website for PSAT 8/9 at https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-8-9.